• An article in the fields of the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
• An article in any field of history other than the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
Eligibility is limited to an article published in the prior calendar year (2020) by a female historian or historian who identifies as a woman normally resident in North America. Articles may be nominated by journal editors or by the author herself. Journals may nominate more than one article, but no more than three. Jointly published articles are acceptable, as are articles that have appeared in collections, but only if they were published for the first time in 2020. They must not be reprints of articles published in previous years.
Deadline for submission for the Article Prize is January 15, 2021.
Please complete the following form for each article nominated: https://berksconference.org/prizes/2020-article-prize-submission-form/. Once you have completed the submission form be sure to send a copy of the article you are nominating to Katrina Gulliver, Chair of the Berkshire Conference Article Prize Committee.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Katrina Gulliver, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians awards two annual book prizes in the following categories:
• A first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
• A first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
• A nominated book must be written by a woman normally residing in North America.
• Awards are for a first book, so the author may not have previously published any other book-length work.
• Submissions must be published between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
• Textbooks, juvenile literature, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not
eligible for either prize.
Deadline for submission for the Book Prizes is February 15, 2021. For books published after November 1, 2020 and before January 1, 2021, please submit bound page proofs by the deadline and a copy of the book by February 15, 2021.
Please complete the following form: https://berksconference.org/prizes/2020-book-prize-submission-form/. Be sure to send a copy of the book you are nominating — hard copy, pdf or ebook — to each member of the Berkshire Conference Book Prize Committee according to their format preferences.
-Dr. Julie de Chantal (Chair)
Contact information for each member can be found at the bottom of the form.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Julie de Chantal email@example.com