Now Accepting Nominations for the Berkshire Conference of Women Historians’ Book Prizes
Deadline for Nominations: November 1, 2016
To nominate a book, click http://tinyurl.com/zwxn75u
The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians awards two annual book prizes in the following categories:
- A first book that deals substantially with the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A first book in any field of history that does not focus on the history of women, gender, and/or sexuality.
- A nominated book must be written by a woman normally resident in North America.
- Awards are for a first book, so the author may not have previously published any other book-length work.
- Submissions must be published between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Textbooks, juvenile literature, documentary collections, fiction, poetry, and collections of essays are not eligible for either prize.
To nominate a book, please click http://tinyurl.com/zwxn75u to complete the form.
- Deadline for submission for the Prizes is November 1, 2016.
- For books published after November 1, 2016 and before January 1, 2017, please submit bound page proofs by the deadline and a copy of the book by January 15, 2017.
- One copy of the nominated book must be sent directly to each of the Berkshire Book Prize Committee members; the contact information is listed on the nomination form.
- Questions should be directed to Dr. Terri Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org