The Southeast Missouri State University Department of History and Anthropology seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in modern British (post-1688) history. Applicants should also have a second field in one or more of the following fields: East Asia, Middle East, South Asia, or Africa. The successful applicant will teach undergraduate and graduate courses, engage in research in area(s) of expertise, and perform departmental, college and university service.
- Ph.D. or ABD (Ph.D. complete by August 2018) in modern British (post-1688) History with a second field in one or more of the following areas: South Asia, Middle East, East Asia, and/or Africa. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to deliver highly effective teaching including use of educational technology in both face-to-face and online courses
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated scholarly promise in relevant fields
- Additional areas of teaching expertise to complement departmental strengths, including ability to teach Historiography
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: This position is available August 1, 2018, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 9, 2018.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking http://agency.governmentjobs.c
- Letter of interest addressing all position required qualifications
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of History and Anthropology can be found at http://www.semo.edu/history.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city in the heart of Southeast Missouri, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.