The CCWH Newsletter comes out four times a year. It features original writing on research, teaching and professional concerns. Regular features include:
- Articles on the profession and academia
- Letters to the Editor
- Graduate Student Column and Question
- Public History Column
- Book and Film Reviews
- CCWH Member News and articles
- CCWH Awards and winners
- Affiliate News and Conferences
Past newsletters are available below.
To become a CCWH member and receive your newsletter as soon as it comes out, please visit our membership page.
If you wish to submit announcements for jobs, grants, or conferences for inclusion in the newsletter, please contact the newsletter editor at: email@example.com
If you are a current member and wish to begin receiving your newsletter via email, contact CCWH membership coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCWH Guidelines for Member and Affiliate News and Announcements
Effective April 1, 2012
- For the website and newsletter, descriptions of affiliate organizations are limited to 100 words plus a weblink. They cannot advertise any product for sale, but they can provide general information about a journal or newsletter that is published regularly. The descriptions and their placement are subject to the editorial control of the Newsletter Editor, the Executive Director, and the Website Coordinator. Example: “The Coordinating Council for Women in History was founded in 1969 as a networking organization to provide support for women in the historical profession. Since then, the CCWH has been committed to exploring the diverse experiences and histories of all women. Its primary goals are to educate men and women on the status of women in the historical profession and to promote research and interpretation in areas of women’s history in the United States and internationally. The CCWH offers a variety of annual awards and scholarships, and publishes a member newsletter four times a year. theccwh.org”
- Members and affiliates may advertise job openings for ninety days on our website or in an issue of the newsletter for the nominal rate of $25 per ad. Calls for contributors or panelists for conferences, fellowships, special issues of journals, or similar items may be posted without charge for ninety days, and are subject to the editorial control of the Newsletter Editor, the Executive Director, and the Website Coordinator.
- For the website and newsletter, submissions for member or affiliate news are limited to 250 words. The content cannot advertise a particular product for sale and is subject to the editorial control of the Membership Coordinator, Newsletter Editor, Executive Director, and Outreach Coordinator. At present, this material will not always be included on the website. Longer contributions may be solicited from members and affiliates. Conference Reports may be 400 words and are subject to editorial control of the Newsletter Editor, the Executive Director, and Website Coordinator.